I was nominated for a Seed of Light by Jodi at MyLiteraryQuest! A big thanks to Jodi—you should check out her blog—and here we go with the post:
APPARENTLY THE RULES ARE:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Check.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Check.
3. Answer 7 questions. Double Check.
4. Nominate (no limit of nominations) other bloggers for this award and link back to them. Check at the bottom!
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements. Okay, I can do that!
1. What is your favorite book? The My current favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, a distinction the title has held for 9 years now. I enjoy it because of the main character’s revenge plot, transformation, and the historic description of Continental Europe Circa the 1700’s. Dumas is a great action writer whose work largely still stands up to this day.
2. What are you currently working on? At the moment I’m writing/editing a full length screenplay for Night Creature Productions. Very hush-hush, but someday you might be able to watch it on Netflix! I’ve worked with Night Creature before as an actor/producer and this is the first time they’re letting me write, so I’m excited! Check out their Youtube Channel to see some of their work.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration? Wow… This is strangely hard for me to answer… My brain runs overtime with a hundred thoughts—sometimes I feel like Doctor Who, sometimes I feel like a mental patient—and I’d have to say my inspiration comes from everywhere. Anytime I observe something or witness a situation I think, “what if?” and my mind churns out possibilities.
4. Describe where you do your work. Sitting in an office chair in the living room, currently. My laptop is on the fritz, so I’m borrowing my fiancée’s ancient Mac, which has to remain tethered to the power and internet cables. It sucks. Ordinarily I have a nice desk upstairs in the bedroom.
5. What do you do for fun? I read a lot and play videogames. I also enjoy drawing and watching Netflix with Julie, My fiancée.
6. What’s your favorite treat? Wow. I have to say, I’m an omnivore and eat just about anything that hasn’t been in the trash for more than a few hours. A treat for me would be some quality beer—I recently found I like Belgian golden ales. Also, Harvey’s Orange Cream Sherry.
7. What’s the best advice you’d give to a writer starting out? Do it. You can’t call yourself a writer unless you write something. And you’re not going to get any better by agonizing over one work for years—write often. Write as much as you can as fast as you can. By writing continuously, you’ll find a method which suits you and you’ll generate lots of content, which you can revise and polish later. But it all starts with writing—and completing—first drafts.
So there you go! Thanks for the nom’s and keep on reading!